Solving Contact Free Delivery & Shopping for Retail Businesses
These days, it seems like every business is going contact-free. It’s becoming retail’s version of a safe word. Offer contactless shopping to your customers and expect to be rewarded with repeat business and happy customers.
It’s not just safety concerns that have sparked the need for contactless commerce. It’s also quick, convenient, and hassle-free — and very much here to stay.
Retailers — brick-and-mortar, ecommerce, or a mix — can no longer afford to coast on well-honed business models. Procedures and expectations that were second nature once upon a time can now be outdated at best and potentially harmful at worst.
Convenience & Safety Are Always Best-Sellers
Necessity is the mother of invention, but convenience and safety are powerful driving motivators behind what sells in retail in 2021. The retail policies that have been enacted the past two years will continue to be with us in the years to come.
After all, once we have a taste of services that add convenience to our lives, why would we want to part with them? And contact-free is convenient both for the consumer — and your business.
But first, what does “no contact” mean?
Contactless shopping offers a zero-to-low touch shopping experience. It’s not only a safety-first, socially distant way of keeping everyone healthy — but it can streamline the entire traditional check-out procedure. Customers can skip waiting on long lines to ring out these days; in fact, they can skip the whole line altogether.
With mobile wallets, tap-to-pay enabled chip cards, and the ability to ring up purchases through mobile apps and SMS — you can move shoppers easily and watch as sales can skyrocket.
And what does “no contact delivery” mean?
Similar idea, different way of transferring goods. No contact delivery means having little to no contact with getting the goods to your customer.
Key Takeaways for Merging Text Messaging & Contact-Free Delivery Strategies to Boost Your Business
Text messaging helps you deliver the very best customer service. Send SMS alerts and notifications to keep the process running smoothly — as well as to eliminate the stress deliveries or a new shopping routine can have. Both your customers and staff will appreciate it.
Here’s some more tips for integrating contactless delivery and text message marketing:
Promote Contact-free Delivery with SMS
- Automate a message to your entire database that keeps customers up-to-date on new contactless delivery availability.
- Promote the ease of the service to older customers or those who may be less technologically inclined to order online for contactless retail options. Include Keywords on receipts, online site, direct mail, TV spots, and more to promote contactless shops.
- Add a contactless delivery (or curbside pickup) text notifications opt-in button at online checkout to gather compliant contacts and make signing up as easy as possible.
- Enhance the value of contactless delivery’s convenience and safety with text messaging to stay connected (and top-of-mind) with your customers.
Notify Customers Via Text Messaging
- Email your subscribers information on your latest safety procedures and delivery requirements (“Do not open doors for deliveries before the messenger departs.”) and follow up with a text to make sure your message is seen.
- To boost brand loyalty, earn the trust of your customers. Text trackable links and updates so customers can remain aware of when items are dispatched and when they’re delivered.
CONTINUE TO ENGAGE BY TEXTING CUSTOMERS
- Give customers a heads up on delivery times.
- Confirm delivery receipt with a text message showing delivery confirmation photos.
CONTINUE TO ENGAGE BY TEXTING CUSTOMERS
- Your customers may have questions. Expedite the answers to close sales even faster. With 1-on-1 Chat, customers can speak to you directly and efficiently — no need for anyone to get stuck on long hold times.
- Text in advance for special offers and updates. Shoppers may not notice all the promotional sales, new menu items, or new inventory — if they’re not visiting your store. Keep them well-informed with covetable MMS images, audio clips, and more.
- Engage with customers and staff via Text-to-Vote polls to determine what you can do to create a better experience for all.
STREAMLINE COMMUNICATION WITH STAFF
- Easily connect with your staff with SMS texting — it’s safe, distraction-free, and delivers urgent information in real-time.
- Send drivers real-time alerts for weather, police activity, or road closures so that they can keep scheduled deliveries on time as much as possible.
- Looking to fill a last-minute shift? No problem. Text your staff and hear back from staff, freelancers, or contract workers quickly.
SEND FOLLOW UP TEXTS TO NURTURE CUSTOMER FUNNELS
- Follow up delivery confirmation texts with a trackable promotion or coupon as a thank you for the purchase. This should add to repeat business.
- Text reminders to customers to give reviews on company site or Yelp.
See other resources related to: