Use Text Marketing to Go Strong Into the Holidays
After the smoke clears from Black Friday it’s tempting to take a deep breath and relax. But with the holiday shopping season in full swing, now is the time to go strong towards meeting your marketing and sales goals. According to the National Retail Federation, younger consumers more than other demographics plan to spend more this year than last. If you’re interested in attracting a piece of that younger audience, texting is great place to start.
How Do You Grow Your Opted-In Text Marketing List?
The fastest and easiest way to grow your list of opted-in subscribers is with a Keyword campaign.
- If you’ve seen ads saying, “Text JOLLY to 313131 for a special holiday treat,” then you’ve seen them in action.
- In this example "JOLLY" is the Keyword and 313131 is a short code.
- Mass texting providers like EZ Texting can set you up with a short code and allow you to reserve available Keywords.
How Do You Create Text Messages that Engage and Delight?
Shoppers are bombarded with sales and specials all winter long, especially in their email inbox. Texting customers give you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd in a more personal way. But beware! Make sure the messages you send to customers give them a reason to smile. A text only message (SMS) only contains 160 or fewer alpha-numeric characters. That’s not a lot of space to get your message across. Here are a few ways to ensure yours hit the spot.
- Give them something special like an exclusive offer or discount for text subscribers.
- Share important information or offer recommendations based on their personal behavior.
- Text a little not a lot. Even though they signed up to receive your updates you don’t want to wear them out with lots of messages.
- Use MMS (Multimedia Message Service) and send pictures or GIFs to amplify your message and increase response.
- Tell them what you want them to do. Place a link in your text tell them to come to your store or attend an event. If you want your audience to take an action, let them know in clear language.
How Do Create Lasting Customer Relationships Via Text?
With text marketing, like other channels, it’s important to have empathy for your customers. Treat them like you would want to be treated. That means respecting their time, rewarding their loyalty, and letting them know you care. Even though a short text message can seem impersonal, it can demonstrate all of these qualities. How about sending a follow up after purchase with an FAQ link to help ensure they’re onboarding well? Or sending a coupon for their next purchase?
Use Texting to Make Your Holiday Season Magical
If you’re ready to ramp up your results with text marketing this holiday season, give us a call at 800-753-5732. Our team specializes in helping businesses of all sizes get up and running with mass texting fast. With EZ Texting, you don’t need any special technology or expertise to send out thousands of messages. We’ve also put together this special guide to holiday text marketing to make it even easier.