By: Jessica Terashima
Incorporating texting into your marketing mix can be a great way to see immediate results. But have you ever wondered what’s the best wording for a retail text promotion? How do you get the most bang for your 160 characters? Your text promotions should capture attention and spur a positive action. If you include the right elements and the right tone, you should be all set for success.
Here are 5 Tips for Wording a Retail Text Promotion:
- Give Them Something Good - If you’re going appear on someone’s phone, you better have something good to say! Subscribers love to save money, so discounts, special offers, and coupons are a great way to go.
- Make Sure They Know It’s You - Your contacts may subscribe to multiple business text programs. Make sure they know it’s you when you text them. Include your company name or a link to your website.
- Respect Their Time - Only share important information or something that benefits your subscribers! Be 100% on their side and don’t waste their time with needless updates.
- Give Them a Way Out - Remind your customers that they can text STOP to opt-out. That way they don’t feel trapped into receiving updates they don’t want. The CTIA provides lots of user-friendly guidelines on how to text compliantly; we urge you to check them out!
- Be Personable - Think about your tone of voice when sending a text. Be friendly, funny, kind, and most importantly, to-the-point. No one wants to waste time digging through useless words.
Get Your Wording On
Think about how you write your text messages. Do you sound like a robot? Are you offering value? Is it clear who the sender is? Can subscribers easily opt-out? It’s worth taking a minute to fine tune your wording so that you can make the most of your text marketing. If you’d like use texting to promote your business, we can help!
Learn more about EZ Texting by calling our Client Success Managers (866) 676-2180 or give it a try today!