We’re growing fast! Our culture celebrates and supports the differences that make each of us unique. It’s how we build best in class text marketing platform... and career growth for you.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Who We Are
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization’s ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We’re expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match!
We are open to hire in CA, GA, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX & WA, but welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.
What We Need
EZ Texting is looking for a high performance, experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to be a part of our growing SRE team. This person will join a diverse group of SREs focused on scaling our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD processes to support our accelerating growth. We empower our product development teams to rapidly deliver high-quality value to our customers with confidence. Availability, resiliency, and security are paramount to our success!
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other production systems running smoothly. SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and codebase. We specialize in systems, cloud infrastructure, release engineering, observability, and enabling our product team to go fast.
As a member of the SRE team, you will take ownership of the overall performance and reliability of EZ Texting’s infrastructure, robustness of the deployment pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution.
What You Value
- DevOps culture and SRE principles.
- Providing an exceptional experience for users.
- Continuous improvement and Agile methodologies.
- Mentoring and empowering other engineers to reach new levels.
- Working with cutting edge technology and expanding your toolset.
- Solving complex problems with innovative solutions.
- Delivering outcomes and making an impact.
What You Do
- Design, build, scale and maintain core infrastructure in GCP.
- Manage our infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible.
- Advance the adoption of cloud native technologies.
- Create efficient and effective CI/CD processes.
- Design and deploy self-healing infrastructure.
- Monitor and alert on service health metrics.
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to incidents.
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents.
- Debug production issues across services.
- Lead and mentor by setting the example.
- Improve documentation all around.
- Create and maintain runbooks.
- Run blameless postmortems.
- Develop automation.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years experience working in a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or DevOps role.
- 3+ years experience with cloud platforms and technologies, (GCP, AWS).
- Experience in a scripting language (Python), and a shell language (Bash).
- Container based deployments and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, helm).
- Deep understanding of DevOps culture, SRE principles, and Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on technical experience with Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience implementing security best practices and “shifting security left”.
- Strong desire to collaborate asynchronously, with a focus on robust documentation.
- Process oriented approach, driven to iterate on existing processes or create new ones.
- Excellent communication, empathetic with end users and internal customers.
- Experience identifying SLOs/SLIs that will align the team to meet objectives.
- Strong intuition about system design, robustness, and scalability.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with existing code and systems.
- Passion for stable and secure systems management practices.
- Ability to orchestrate and automate complex tasks.
- Proactive, grab-a-shovel and go-for-it attitude.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
What We Provide
Benefits available to EZ Texting team members include, but are not limited to:
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance for self (70% for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.