We’re growing fast! Our culture celebrates and supports the differences that make each of us unique. It’s how we build best in class text marketing platform... and career growth for you.
Sr. Data Engineer
Who we are:
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization's ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength and we remain committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match! We are committed to a permanently remote-first work environment.
We are open to hire in CA, GA, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, FL, NV, & WA, but welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.
Who Are You:
EZT is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer to lead and execute on our data pipeline, data integrity, data security, and data infrastructure efforts with our world class data tech stack including BigQuery, Fivetran, Apache Airflow, and dbt. You will serve as an internal consultant to our Business Intelligence Analysts, Analytics Engineers, and eventually Data Scientists. This position reports to the Director of Data & Analytics.
Positive, solutions-oriented, and a team player. You want to make an impact in your next position and be known for your expert technical execution, thought leadership, and expansion of possible data products we offer internally and to customers. You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, a strong background in moving data across systems, and a deep gratitude for excellent documentation and well-commented code.
- Architect and build data pipelines, data integrity testing, data security, and other data engineering infrastructure
- Work with Analytics Engineering and Business Intelligence to supply the data required for various data products and multiple stakeholders.
- Design & continuously improve data workflows using systems including BigQuery, Fivetran, Apache Airflow, and dbt.
- Manage and communicate through a project with ease and understanding to project management, business stakeholders and technical resources
- Assist the Product Manager and/or Scrum Master with planning and managing project tasks
- Consultative approach to development, execution, and recommendations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management
- Create technical documentation
- Deliver high quality code and design documents with minimal supervision
- Be versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies
- Have a high sense of urgency to deliver work on time as well as the ability to prioritize and properly estimate the complexity of the work in advance
- Support others through leadership and mentoring
- 5+ years’ experience writing complex SQL
- 5+ years’ experience in Python
- 5+ years’ experience building ETL workflows, including reverse ETL
- 5+ years’ experience building complex orchestration pipelines
- Experience building automated testing into the data infrastructure
- Experience with Relational Database structures and dimensional modeling
- Working knowledge of
- GCP & BigQuery
- Apache Airflow
- Census or other reverse ETL solution
- Jira/Confluence or another project management and documentation solution
- Experience with Agile methodologies and a desire to work on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written communications and communicate effectively with public and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Experience working for a SaaS company in a startup environment
- We do not offer any form of employer based sponsorship at this time
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental, and life insurance for self (70% generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.