We’re growing fast! Our culture celebrates and supports the differences that make each of us unique. It’s how we build best in class text marketing platform... and career growth for you.
Staff Frontend Engineer
Who We Are:
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization’s ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We’re expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match!
We are open to hiring in CA, NY, TX, OR, WA, GA, PA, FL & TN, but we welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.
We are looking for a motivated Staff Frontend Engineer, passionate about the art and craft of building quality software that can withstand the test of time and fast growth. In this position, you will play a critical role in architecting and developing the core services of our platform and make a tangible contribution to the value we bring to customers. As a member of a cross-functional Agile Squad, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization in finding optimal solutions to set goals and challenging technical problems- your impact will go far beyond writing software. You will co-lead our Frontend Chapter, defining the roadmap of improvements to our single page application and helping engineers across all teams implement those improvements Aside from technical expertise, we’re looking for an engineer who enjoys working in teams, can influence technology decisions, bring a fresh perspective and best practices, and actively takes part in continuous improvement of the Agile process.
- Collaborate with Agile Squad members to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality products built with Angular framework
- Design, monitor, and improve said product features, and become an expert in the technology and business domain they cover
- Co-lead Frontend Chapter and provide technical leadership across all teams through coaching, mentorship, code reviews, setting standards, and defining technical vision
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good SDLC practices and leading by example
- Initiate and drive improvements to our practices, process, infrastructure, and technology
- Ensure long term maintainability of source code and the web app operating in production through code reviews, unit tests, documentation, and other common techniques
- Make pragmatic decisions that further personal and team goals
- Support Product Managers and other non-technical stakeholders in making the best decisions on the cross-section of technology, customer experience, and business value
- 5+ years of experience with CSS-preprocessors (SASS/LESS)
- 5+ years of experience consuming REST/JSON APIs
- 2+ years of experience with implementing unit tests
- 2+ years of experience working with build tools and continuous build/delivery processes
- 1+ years of experience with analyzing and defining the current and future technology needs of software products
- 1+ years of experience mentoring and coaching software engineers in best practices, new tools, and other technical areas
- Deep understanding of OOP and functional programming concepts
- Understanding and practicing SOLID principles
- Understanding of GIT and git-flow
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Great design and problem-solving skills, passion for quality, and engineering excellence at scale
- High sense of ownership
- Optionally: BS in CS or related field
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental, and life insurance for self (70% generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.