SMS Marketing is extremely versatile, which allows you to connect with current customers and attract new ones in a variety of ways. If you can do it with a text message, SMS Marketing can cover it.
- Appointment Reminders - When a customer misses an appointment that's lost revenue for your business. Studies show that unobtrusive text message reminders dramatically cut down on no-shows.
- Mass Text Messages - Type a message once and send it to all of your customers.
- Mobile Coupons - Research shows that consumers love mobile coupons. Text messages are a fast, efficient way to offer mobile coupons to existing customers and new customers alike. A good mobile coupon will include some brief info about the discount, a redemption deadline (build urgency!), and a coupon code. If you want to track your campaign make sure to use a coupon code that you can enter into your point-of-sale system.
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) - Send photos, audio, videos and more in your texts. You can also send up to 1600 characters as opposed to the 160 character limit of an SMS message.
- Text-2-Join - Encourage people to text your Keyword to a Short Code to join your marketing list.
- Text-2-Win - Customers text your Keyword to a Short Code to win a contest. Incentivized campaigns are one of the fastest ways to build your marketing list.
- Text-2-Vote - Run polls and voting efforts that customers can participate in by sending a text message.
These are some popular uses of SMS Marketing and are a good place to start. Every text message is limited to 160 characters, so as long as you can imagine it and explain it briefly you can do it with a text message. Looking for inspiration? Check out our guide, 50 Fantastic Uses Of Text Messaging.
Push & Pull
Connect With Current Customers - Learn more about using text messages to communicate with and market to your existing customers and clients.
Attract New Customers - Explore how to use Keyword call-to-action campaigns to grow your business by attracting new customers.