How Does Text Message Promotion Work for Retailers?
What is the process for sending out a bulk text message to retail customers?
- Select the contact list that you want to receive the text message. SMS marketing services allow you to send a message to your full contact list, but you can also categorize your list for more precise targeting.
- Enter the message that you want to deliver into the SMS texting software platform. Text messages are short and may include links, coupon codes, phone numbers or other information that triggers action from your recipients. You have the option to save messages as templates, which you may schedule to go out to new participants joining your SMS marketing list in the future.
- Click send. Your text message will go out to every contact on the specified list instantly. You may start receiving responses within seconds.
What is the difference between short and long codes for text message marketing?
How are keywords used by a text message marketing service?
- Customers text keywords to a long or short code when they want to subscribe to a text marketing list.
- The keyword is the first level of consumer consent to receive SMS promotional messages because each person on the list must manually enter the keyword from their phone or an online opt-in form if they want to participate.
- Retailers can divide their contact lists into categories, depending on the interests and needs of the consumer.
- You do this by setting up a different keyword for each of your products or services.
- You may also have keywords for special promotions or other categories that make sense for your business. This allows you to send out a text blast to specific categories of your contact list for more precise targeting.
- The use of keywords ensures that every person on your text marketing list has an interest in your business.
- Consumers won't enter keywords that aren't of interest to their lives.
- This reduces the chance that participants will later opt out of your messages as long as you aren't overwhelming their phones with unnecessary messages.
How do you set up drip campaigns through a text marketing service?
Do SMS marketing services allow retailers to send out recurrent text messages?
Can SMS promotional text messages include images or other forms of media?
Can you send out reminder text messages to SMS list subscribers?
How does EZ Chat work?
Try Using Text Messaging for Retail Promotions for Free
If you are not yet reaching 95% of your target audience, we are offering businesses the opportunity to try using text messaging for retail promotions for free. To take advantage of the offer, simply call our team of Client Success Managers and tell them that you would like a free trial.
One of our friendly team members will answer any questions you may have about using text messaging for retail promotions, explain how to set up your online account and guide you through getting started with SMS for sales promotions. If you encounter any difficulties, our team is always on hand to help you out.
There is no need for you to provide your credit card, sign a contract or commit to any long-term relationship between yourself and EZ Texting. Your trial account will be ready for you to use as you wish (subject to our Terms of Service) within minutes of setting up your account.
When you call, don't forget to ask about our sign-up tools for your websites and social media channels. With these tools, your visitors and followers will be able to opt-in to receive your SMS for sales promotions, increasing your promotional reach further still.