In the time it takes you to read this single sentence, over 11 million emails will be sent. That's 281 billion emails per day worldwide, according to a report by CampaignMonitor.
How many of those are marketing emails? As it turns out, we marketers are the ones pushing the numbers. Return Path recently found that Gmail classified two out of every three emails as Promotions (68.4%).
No wonder it's so hard to get to Inbox 0.
So, if you were wondering, we're still sending a boatload of marketing emails—over seven million per second.
And the momentum isn't expected to slow anytime soon. According to the CampaignMonitor study, business email sends have been on a growth rate of 3% per year, and that trend is projected to continue.
The question is, does it still work?
Are Marketers Bullish on Email in Q4 2018?
The answers to these questions depend on who you ask. As you can see from the 2018 post titles below, you'll get a mix of answers....Read more
If you're getting ready to invest in a business SMS service for your business, then I'm sure that you want to feel well equipped and prepared to make the right investment.
Starting a new type of marketing can feel very overwhelming. You want to make sure that it's going to work for your business and that it's going to connect with your customers.
Top 9 Questions to Ask Before Committing to a Business SMS Service
To help you make the right choice, here are nine questions that you need to ask any potential provider that you are looking at using:
1. How can they make SMS marketing easier?
Prioritize the business SMS services that make text message marketing easy.Read more
On October 17, 2018 AT&T released an updated Code of Conduct for Short Code SMS / MMS to help short code users understand what is and is not acceptable usage. As you can imagine, this generated a good amount of questions. Not to worry though, EZ Texting is working with AT&T who provided an FAQ to help subscribers understand what the new Code of Conduct means.
Highlights from the updated AT&T Code of Conduct:
- Certain content is prohibited on shared short codes. This includes short-term financial offers and other high-risk campaigns. These campaigns will be subject to termination on Jan 1st 2019 if they are found to be running on non-approved channels.
- 10-Digit Long codes (10DLC) will provide businesses with a personalized way to send Application-to-Person (A2P), or Business-to-Person SMS communication. AT&T is working on a commercial 10DLC program to recognize long codes as a legitimate and sanctioned A2P SMS channel. Until this program is commercially available, shared short codes will operate as usual.
- Shared short codes managed by resellers are almost exclusively responsible for all unwanted messaging, phishing, and malware. The updates to AT&T’s ...Read more
After smoke clears from Black Friday it’s tempting to take a deep breath and relax. But with the holiday shopping season in full swing, now is the team to go strong towards your goals. According to the National Retail Federation, younger consumers more than other demographics plan to spend more this year than last. If you’re interested in attracting a piece of that younger audience, texting is great place to start.
How Do You Grow Your Opted-In Text Marketing List?
The fastest and easiest way to grow your list of opted-in subscribers is with a Keyword campaign.
- If you’ve seen ads saying, “Text JOLLY to 858585 for a special holiday treat,” then you’ve seen them in action.
- JINGLE is the Keyword and 858585 is a short code.
- Mass texting providers like EZ Texting provide you with a short code and allow you to reserve an available Keyword. Read more
Adopting a solid mass texting strategy can feel very overwhelming. Even though you may understand the basics of how text messages work as a delivery system, it can be confusing to figure out how to tie it into your overall marketing goals and strategies.
How long is it going to take to get up and going? What do you need to do to maximize the effectiveness of your messaging? Fortunately, there are quite a few ways to make it work for you and your business. Here are some secrets to getting the results you want.Read more
Over the past several years there's been an explosion of all new marketing channels. New technology is opening up more possibilities and is changing customer expectations.
As such, in an effort to outpace competitors, businesses are adopting more marketing channels and technologies than ever before.
But how do you know which channels and tech are going to be the most effective for your business or organization?
As we move into the future, one thing is certain. Customers expect to be able to engage with your brand in a way that is personal, helpful, and intuitive.
To help you make the right marketing decisions, we’ve curated a list of the latest and greatest channels and technologies purpose-built to create powerful and engaging conversations with prospects and customers in 2019.
If you want to connect with your audience in a meaningful way, then you should look at adopting these high-powered marketing channels and building deeper relationships with your customers.Read more
Text messaging your customers may seem too good to be true, but there's a reason why it works. Let us show you just a few of my favorite benefits that you might enjoy when you start your first campaign.Read more
It's hard to believe that 46% of Americans would be willing to give up a day off work each week before they would be willing to give up their smartphone. Plus, 90% of all mobile users open and read text messages within the first three minutes of receipt. It’s no wonder why text message marketing is working so well for so many businesses.
The most significant benefits of creating a mobile marketing strategy include:
- Speed: An SMS message is 160 characters or less. This means that it doesn't take long to develop or to read. In a fast-paced world of short attention spans, this could give you a considerable advantage.
- Directness: People track their text message inbox multiple times in a single day. They usually check her messages as soon as a new one is received. By comparison, most email inboxes or only check once or twice a day and messages sent to a business are often filtered out automatically, manually, or mentally.
- Traceability: To ensure the success of any advertising campaign, you have to make sure that you're monitoring your metrics. When you're doing text message marketing, it's a lot easier ...Read more
What is SMS marketing? It's one of the most powerful tools businesses use to create personalized and engaging digital communications with prospects and customers. Thousands of industry-leading businesses and organizations have already invested in SMS marketing and chances are if you haven't chosen a text message marketing platform for your business, your competitors are already a step ahead.
There are thousands of reasons to invest in text message marketing, but before you do, check out this quick introduction to SMS marketing. Use these key text messaging insights to quickly market and grow your business.Read more
Today, digital marketing and communication feels more and more intrusive — consumers are constantly being bothered with pesky email notifications, social media messages, advertisements, and more. Fortunately, there's a better way to send reminders to your digital contacts.
A text reminder service is a simple and easy to use tool that doesn't feel too invasive. In fact, a text reminder service takes advantage of the tool that consumers use most often — their phones. Recent data indicates that 98% of the U.S. population owns a mobile device capable of receiving SMS communications. Moreover, 68% of the U.S. population owns a smartphone.
In your search for a high-powered and results-driven text reminder service for business, prioritize the providers that offer the following features and functions.Read more