Mass Texting Service via Mass Text Messaging
Mass text messaging is a service that sends SMS messages to groups of people simultaneously and communicates important messages quickly and consistently, saving time and money. Retail stores, churches, businesses, schools, and emergency services are just a few of the many organization types that leverage a mass texting service.
Why Use Mass Text Messaging Services?
- Text messaging is the #1 communication channel in the world.
- Most people have their mobile devices with them at all times.
- Nearly 90% of consumers respond to a text message within 30 minutes.
- SMS technology works even when internet services are unavailable or overloaded.
- There are no special technical or design skills required to send a mass text.
- At less than a nickel per message, it's one of the most affordable marketing options available today.
- Keeps contacts informed, generates engagement, and develops relationships.
- Recipients opt-in willingly to messages, which saves marketers from wasting time on cold calling, cold emailing, and other traditional lead generation tactics.
Tips for Writing an Effective Mass Text Message
- Concise Messages
- You have 160 characters to express yourself. If you can do it in less, even better! Make sure the message is clear and concise, and written in plain English.
- Strong CTA's
- Calls-to-action let recipients know what is expected of them and what steps they need to take next. Strong calls-to-action encourage engagement!
- Good Timing
- You don't want to overwhelm your customers with texts, but you also don't want to neglect them. Create a specific schedule, generally during business hours, and stick to it.
- Add Value
- Ask yourself, "Am I consistently adding value without being intrusive?" Providing useful information, in addition to promotional offers, will create a level of anticipation and surprise.
- Know Your Clients
- Analyze purchase history and demographics, so you can send the right messages to the right customers. Segment your clients for targeted promotions.
How to Send a Mass Text
The easiest and best way to send mass text messages is through services such as EZ Texting. Mass text services have significant advantages over other forms of marketing in that they are easy to use, provide quick returns, and are cost-effective. Learn more about how mass text messaging works.
Once you sign up, you can send a mass text in a matter of minutes. EZ Texting has detailed helpful information that teaches you how to get started sending mass text messages.
3 Steps to Begin Mass Text Messaging Today:
- Start your EZ Texting free trial. It only takes a few minutes to set up your account.
- Upload or start creating your database of contacts.
- Mass text messaging is a permission-based activity. That means that potential contacts opt-in knowingly to the business' text messaging service through the use of keywords.
- Compose your message and hit send.
- Type out your message, such as an update, promotional offer, event reminder or other information, and specify which group you are sending to, on what day, and at what time.
- Within minutes, the selected group(s) of contacts will be reading the message wherever they are, whatever they are doing.
How to Create a Mass Text Messaging Database
Creating a database of contacts that you can send mass texts to is easier than you think. You cannot simply buy a list of cell numbers and send unauthorized texts — you need a marketing list of people that have specifically given you permission to text them. The most simple and effective way to build out your contacts is through keywords and short codes.
How to Use Keywords for Mass Texting
- Decide on a simple word to ask potential contacts to text to a short code number.
- Register your short code with your mass text messaging service provider as part of a subscription plan or rented by the month.
- Get your keyword noticed. Put up a sign with the keyword and shared short code along with a special offer or opportunity as an incentive.
- All of the people that text the keyword to your code will be added to your contact list and you can start mass texting them.
- A restaurant asks potential customers to "Text PIZZA to 313131 to receive a 10% discount coupon on your next order." "PIZZA" is the Keyword and "313131" is the short code.
- A faith-based organization asks its congregation to "Text CHURCH to 313131" to get updates on service times and announcements.
- A large employer encourages job seekers to "Text WORK to 313131" to see current openings and get alerts when new positions become available.
The Top Mass Text Messaging Service Features
Mass text software can be used for far more than sending plain text messages. Many of the software features have been developed to generate engagement and encourage feedback.
EZ Texting's platform offers a selection of tools to maximize the effectiveness of mass texting. Take a look at just a few of the many available mass text messaging use cases.
- Schedule Texts and Reminders in Advance
- Schedule each message to be sent when it will attract the maximum attention.
- Prepare and run automated recurring marketing campaigns.
- Personalize Messages Automatically
- Each message can be personalized with the recipient's first name and last name.
- Popular Web App Integrations
- For large businesses and organizations, we offer tools that enable you to sync EZ Texting with popular web apps like Constant Contact and MailChimp.
- Special URLs to Increase Site Traffic
- With business text messaging, you can integrate tiny URLs into your messages to direct contacts to your website or add QR codes to generate engagement.
- Send Images, Videos, and Voice Files to Increase Engagement
- To generate engagement and develop relationships, top marketers use multimedia messaging service (MMS).
- Mass MMS messaging gives you the ability to increase the impact of your text message.
- EZ Texting offers hundreds of free MMS templates for all types of occasions.
- Message Tracking and Analytics
- Once you send your message, the SMS software keeps you informed about delivery rates, open rates, and spikes in engagement. Using these analytics, you can fine-tune your text messages to create a greater impact when you send your next message.
Sending Mass Text Messages to Different Target Groups
- Contacts can be divided into groups so that your contacts only receive messages which are relevant to them.
- Different groups may be segmented by the roles, interests, or location of your contacts.
- You can use different Keywords as you develop your database to establish segmented groups.
- If you have an existing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, you can sync your contacts with EZ Texting.
- Safeguards exist to prevent an individual who may appear in multiple groups (for example a church volunteer who also attends Bible study classes and sings in the choir) from receiving the same message two or three times.
Mass Text Messaging for Retail Stores
In a congested direct marketing environment, mass text messaging for retail stores is an efficient and cost-effective way for businesses to communicate with their customers.
Benefits of Retail Mass Texting:
- More personal than TV, billboard, or magazine advertising.
- More effective than direct mail and online advertising.
- Attracts a response rate up to eight times higher than the same message sent via email.
- Allows businesses to broaden their promotional reach, increase brand awareness, and stimulate customer engagement more effectively.
- Redemption rates for discount coupons attached to a mass text message are typically 8 times higher than those normally achieved by retail businesses that engage in mass email marketing.
Why Retail Stores Love EZ Texting for Mass Texting:
- Forward-plan marketing campaigns and schedule when the campaigns are to be sent.
- Run recurring marketing campaigns or drip-feed a promotion over a period of time.
- Create compelling messages and save them as templates to be used in future campaigns.
- Personalize messages to customers by including their name in the text message.
- Incorporate QR codes, coupon codes, and tiny URLs to stimulate customer engagement.
- Forward customer responses from the platform to a dedicated mobile device.
- Integrate web applications such as SalesForce, MailChimp, and EventBright directly into EZ Texting's platform for convenient use.
Mass Text Messaging for Employers and Recruiters
As an employer, when you need to make an important announcement, event, or meeting reminder, usually, time is of the essence. You can't assume that employees or prospective employees will read every email in their inbox, or pay attention to what's posted on the bulletin board. Mass text messaging for employers helps you stay on task, be more productive, and most importantly, maintain communications.
Benefits of Using Mass Texting for Employers:
- Automates job candidates communications.
- Maintains contact with workers and gig workers who are on the field.
- Provides an effective communications channel in times of emergency when data networks have been overloaded.
- Does not require employers to gather their workforce in order to make an announcement, thus saving time and money.
- Creates a positive company culture by allowing employers to send out “kudos” to acknowledge a job well done.
- Helps solicit feedback or approval from employees in a timely, discreet way.
Why Employers and Managers Love EZ Texting for Recruiting:
- Quick to create and send mass text messages.
- Receive individual replies in one single inbox that can be used to manage and organize mass text message threads.
- More discreet than sending a group text in which mobile numbers are visible to all recipients.
- Very cost-efficient and flexible pricing even when sending high volume mass texts.
Mass Text Messaging for Churches
Mass text messaging for churches is quickly being adopted as a viable tool for communicating with congregations, developing community engagement, increasing event attendance, and advising on special events.
Benefits of Using Text Messaging for Your Church or Ministry:
- Promotes spirituality within the community by encouraging inspirational messages to be shared.
- Provides a way for community leaders to request prayers and assistance for those in need.
- Helps reach out and build connections with students and their parents in a way they are comfortable with.
- Aids in building relationships that will help solidify the futures of their congregations.
- Helps promote volunteer opportunities.
- Promotes fundraisers, raises awareness on certain issues, and helps to share donation details.
- Collects feedback from congregation members, helping you to improve your services, increase attendance rates, and better organize events.
- Helps to connect with those members in search of guidance on a deeper level.
Why Ministries Love EZ Texting for Mass SMS:
- Reaches everyone where they're spending time already — on their phones.
- Less expensive and more sustainable than printing flyers and leaflets.
- Creates a sense of community because recipients can respond individually to mass text messages.
- Informs congregation in a timely way about last-minute service changes.
- Keeps up with the mobile-reliant youth population.
Mass Text Messaging for Schools
Cell phones have become an ingrained part of our lives, and it's logical to harness the power and influence of mobile devices. From emergency alerts and reminders to cancellations and closings, mass text messaging for schools is an efficient way to communicate with students and parents at the click of a button.
The Most Effective Ways Schools Can Use Mass Text Messaging:
- School Closures and Weather Delays
- Permission Slips
- Donation Links
- Educational Tips
- Extracurricular Activity Cancellations
- Project Reminders
- Submit Feedback
- Organize Faculty and Staff Meetings
- Year-End Fundraising
- Emergency Alerts
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Class Communications
- Strengthen Admission Process
- Streamline Student Recruitment
- Increase Parent Responses
Mass Text Messaging for Political Groups
The efficacy of mass text messaging campaigning for political groups is one issue both parties can agree on. In tight races, turnout can make or break a campaign. Texting messaging is a communication method of choice, and thus should be an essential tool to any political campaign in order to generate the best possible results.
How Political Campaigns Can Use Mass Text Messaging Most Effectively:
- Voting Day Reminders
- Communicate Policies to Voters
- Event Alerts
- Coordinate Political Rallies
- Solicit Donations
- Issue Media Responses
- Release Important Announcements
- Organize Volunteers
- Mobilize the Youth Vote
- Staff Communications
- Opinion Polls
- Event Management
- Campaign Updates
Is Mass Messaging Legal?
Yes, it is legal to send mass text messages. With that said, it is a strictly permission-based activity and subject to a few rules and regulations, some of which include:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) of 1991: Prevents organizations from sending spam text messages.
- Mobile Marketing Association's Code of Conduct: Protects consumer privacy and prevents abuse of the communication channel.
- Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA): Prohibits the use of language likely to cause offense and stipulates that businesses and organizations cannot use their mass text messaging service to endorse pornography, profanity, violence, hate speech, or illegal drug use.
Just use common sense and make sure you are only sending messages to contacts who have opted into the service. In addition to consent, be sure to provide a way for them to opt out to maintain a good user experience.
Why Choose EZ Texting?
- Smart: Flexible and affordable payment plans to meet any budget and FREE no-risk trial
- Fast: No sales call, special technical knowledge, or developers needed to operate
- Easy: Simple, feature-rich platform
- Reliable: Trusted by over 160,000 businesses and named a top 20 Best Product for Marketers
Get Started Today Using Mass Text Messaging!
If you would like to know more about mass text messaging or to learn about our free trial options, give us a call at 800-753-5372.
Our friendly and experienced team will answer any questions you have and give you a demo of the platform. We'd be glad to provide advice to help you maximize the size of your database, generate engagement, and build relationships.
Broaden your promotional reach, stimulate more customer engagement, improve internal and external communications, and MORE with EZ Texting today!